Saturday, May 29, 2021

Planning Ahead

As a teacher, new sessions are needed to be prepared continuously and half the joy of teaching is preparing new and stimulating exercises for students.

Through teaching I have meandered many varied paths which have been both challenging and exciting. 

Denys Taipele started many of us on a painting path and I have my 'water-colour bible' filled with many exercises which helped expand my creative journey exponentially. 

With numerous teachers and varied teaching methods over many years I have built a creative repertoire of skills to pass onto my students and create moments of awakening and delight. 

At the moment I am about to tutor someone in watercolours who has never done art before apart from school art. If his experience of school art was anything like mine, I am surprised he wants to embark on this journey. The interesting thing is that instead of trusting the teacher's guidance and suggestions on materials he has a question for every instruction and request. While it is admirable to be inquisitive, to question every detail at every turn can become exhausting-and this is before sessions have started. Instead of believing in the process, he seems to be putting up road blocks at every turn. So this will be a challenging journey in many aspects but hopefully some great positive will result.

Experimenting with Water-Colour

An unusual combination

New sessions planned for August

Using the Letters and Ideas from previous Courses we will create a 26 letter Book of Days with a theme using appropriate quotes and letterforms. 

16 Weeks long: R700 every 4 sessions
This will incorporate letter form, painting, design and layout.
Booking essential
***
Proposed Dates:
Tuesday: 3, 17, 24, 31 August, 7, 14, 21, 28 September, 4, 11, 18, 25 October
Thursday: 5, 12, 19, 26 August, 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 September, 14, 21, 28 October
***
I will be planning a small book of days with various A-Z names for my two littlest grandchildren.

This is the small A6 book with watercolour paper pages which I have already evenly divided into pages which I shall write on and illustrate. I think this will be a great project to end the year. 
***
November: Colour in Calligraphy
Four weeks of creative inspiration
Tuesday: 2, 9, 16, 23
Thursday: 4, 11, 18, 25


No comments: