Thursday, August 8, 2013

New Creative Ideas

Sometimes it is too difficult to do creative work because we think we've run out of ideas. I love Pinterest simply because it has become my digital note-book. The place where I can set up boards with ideas, colors and designs which in turn set off more ideas for more creative ideas and so on.

I also find that when I am doing a commission I tend to plan the design and put off the final 'doing of it' until I create something spontaneous and feel that I can go onto the more serious task of 'work'.

This week in class I researched some other ways of creating interesting pieces which can be used for cards, notes or simply creative images.

Remember always use the best paper and tools you can to create these vignettes, you might create a masterpiece.

 Add a 'chunk' of gold to the middle of a page. Draw light guidelines around the borders. Mix a color. I used a Speedball C3 nib and wrote a quotation around the gold.
 Create an ampersand. Use black using black gouache and black ink as the mixer. Write a quotation in another color.
 Cur up letters using beautiful papers. Stick onto black paper. Add lettering if needed.
Use gouache and a thin ruling pen. Draw a few letters. Add a quotation.

Of course in all of this enjoy yourself using your well-practiced craft. Have fun.

No comments: