Monday, September 30, 2013

Letters and Signs

Whenever and wherever I travel, I always make a point of looking at the signage and lettering - well why wouldn't I?

The Czech Republic has a great heritage of lettering and writing. From Gothic to the modern type face. I came upon many wonderful examples and am working out some ways to work ideas into new lettering forms for intriguing class projects.

Here are a few examples of what I discovered. You will see there is much scope for creative lettering. Will keep you updated
 Manhole cover
 Absinth 
 At the granite base of a memorial
 A book store
 A front door
 A cafe
 A beautiful 'G'
 A decorated 'S'
 A delightful painting at the entrance of a restaurant
 Versals describing a menu
And even he was represented: A bookstore of course

1 comment:

calligraphyafrica said...

Lots of lovely lettering I recall- thanks for this; also varieties of Hebrew letters.